PuttingMaster - if you are serious about your putting or seriously need to improve it!
The best way to improve your putting is to take lessons but one thing every PGA professional will tell you is to keep statistics of your putting.
There are several reasons for this.
The only way to see whether you are improving or not is by keeping statistics. Seeing that your putting is improving will give you confidence which in turn will improve your putting.
The mind plays a very important factor in putting.
If you stand over every 3 foot putt and think ‘I might miss this one’ then you are indeed likely to miss it. But if you actually know ‘I am holing 95% of all 3 foot putts’ then the ball is already in the hole.
Just feeling that you are a good putter might help you sometimes but if you know for a fact that you are a good putter - this will stay with you.
PGA Professional Mike Yorke calls this TRUE CONFIDENCE in his blog at www.puttingtips.co.uk (PuttingMaster is not related to puttingtips.co.uk but was inspired by a putting seminar given by Mike Yorke)
PuttingMaster can give you the confidence you need!
Do you know the weak side of your game?
Do you tend to ...
- leave your balls on the low or high side?
- push your ball or leave it short most of the time?
- mostly miss to the left or to the right?
- miss putts due to misreading the slope?
PuttingMaster can answer all these questions for you!
PuttingMaster helps you collect all the vital statistics you need to build up your confidence or pinpoint problems in your game.
PuttingMaster is a try before you buy application. It comes enabled with all PuttingMaster Pro features.
After 4 rounds you can still see the basic statistics and enter new rounds but in order to keep the advanced statistics you will have to upgrade to PuttingMaster Pro via iTunes in app purchase.
When on the green, the last thing you want is to spend too much time collecting your statistics. PuttingMaster makes this quick and easy with its unique putt entry screen to collect all the stats you need.
1. Walk from the ball to the hole to give you an idea of the length, counting the steps or just pressing the ‘Step’ button as you go. PuttingMaster will then know the length of the putt.
2. Now decide on the slope of the putt and record this by pressing the slope arrows. This will help you to commit to the putt.
3. After taking the putt, just one touch will tell PuttingMaster whether you missed it short or long, left or right, on the high side or low side. It couldn’t be easier!
And if you specify the length of the second putt as well, PuttingMaster also knows how good your lag putting is!
PuttingMaster gives you the following statistics:
- Putts per Hole
- Putts per GIR (Green In Regulation)
- Total length of putts made per round / average total length per round
- Adjusted length of putts (taking exceptional situations into account (good lags / 3-putts / freak long putts)
- Number of 1, 2, 3 or 4 putts made (can be filtered by length of the first putt)
- Percentage of putts made from various distances
- Analysis of missed putts (high/low, left/right, long/short)
- Analysis of mis-read putts
- Analysis of missed straight putts (push/pull)
- Lag-putting performance